Contractor Insurance – Cleddau Insurance
Upgrade to Chrome Upgrade to Firefox Upgrade to Internet Explorer Upgrade to Safari

Contractor Insurance

Let us do the groundwork on your insurance

Contractor Insurance

Construction is one of the UK’s highest-risk industries. So, whether you’re a general contractor or run a business specialising in a certain trade, you need to take out specialist insurance that considers the potential risks associated with construction work.

We can arrange policies to a range of trades, from general contracting, design and build, to construction management. Whether your firm specialises in property development, heating and ventilation, groundwork, roofing or mechanics and engineering, we’ve got the policy for you

What is contractor insurance?

Contractors’ insurance is designed to protect you against a variety of potential claims. Whether you take on high or low-risk contract jobs, contractors’ insurance can help to provide protection. It is possible to choose different cover types to suit your needs.

Contractor Insurance

What cover do I need?

The most common contractor insurances held by individuals are –

Professional indemnity insurance – Professional indemnity insurance covers the legal costs and damages you could be required to pay if a customer takes legal action against a mistake your business has made. This may be the result of your company offering them bad advice or delivering poor designs and professional services.

Public liability insurance – Public liability insurance protects your business if customers, suppliers, or members of the public suffer property damage or personal injury as a result of your business’s activities.

Employers’ liability insurance – Employer’s liability coverage is a legal requirement for any business that employs a team of staff. This protects you from any compensation claims related to illnesses and injuries sustained by employees during working hours.

Legal expenses insurance – Legal expenses insurance covers the costs of defending your business in a legal case. As a sole trader or business owner, you could face unexpected legal hurdles, such as employee disputes or tax investigations, at any time, even if you’ve done nothing wrong.

There are plenty of other policies that you may want to consider depending on your business, its industry, the services you provide, and the peace of mind that you want. These include:

Accident insurance – If you run a company, and find yourself – or any covered member of staff – suffering an injury that leaves you no longer able to oversee its day to day affairs and consequently let down your customers.

Business interruption insurance– Protects your company if a covered incident prevents your business from working effectively, impacting your earnings.

Tool and equipment insurance – Financial protection against theft and damage, so if the worst should happen, you won’t find yourself out of pocket paying for replacements.


At Cleddau Insurance we provide –

Bespoke Cover – Providing cover that will give you peace of mind

Market Range – Access to over 100 of the UK’s leading insurance companies, some of which you won’t get access from anywhere else.

Integrity – Delivering quality service that has been trusted for over 25 years

Here are some other additional benefits of using an insurance broker like Cleddau –

Benefits of using a Broker

So why not call us today for advice on your insurance needs or fill in the details on the form and we can get back to you with an instant quote.

Get a quote:

Contact us today for expert advice and a free, no obligation quote 01994 231548, or Contact us