Holiday Let Insurance
Being based in the heart of west wales, we have seen many changes in the holiday let market over the years. With properties and staycation holidays in demand in the last few years, we have helped customers get the insurance cover they need for the best price possible to fulfill their needs. You should always be cautious about what cover you need as different terms are required for different properties.
What is Holiday Let Insurance?
Holiday letting insurance is specialist insurance that covers holiday homes that are rented out to paying guests, as well as friends and family on a short-term basis. Policies typically cover public liability, accidental damage, loss of rent as well as periods when the property is unoccupied.
What are your cover options?
Whatever level of cover you opt for, it’s important to remember that holiday home insurance is different from standard home insurance, because your holiday home is used differently.
- Building cover – Building insurance covers the main structure of your holiday let and its permanent fixtures and fittings, like roof, ceilings, walls floors and any fitted appliances.
- Content cover – Covers personal belongings such as kitchen appliances, furniture, electricals, and soft furnishings in event of damage or theft.
As well as buildings and contents cover, when you’re buying insurance on a holiday home there are other optional types of cover available. Choices include:
- Accidental damage: This could be useful if you regularly have guests – they’re not always as careful as owners
- Loss of income: If you rent out your holiday home, loss of income cover will protect your earnings if you have to cancel any bookings due to property damage
- Alternative accommodation: If your holiday home is damaged and you have to find your guests somewhere else to stay, this will recoup your costs
- Public liability insurance: This covers any legal fees if someone else suffers an injury or dies on your property
- Employers’ liability insurance: This might be useful if you employ a cleaner or a gardener
At Cleddau Insurance we provide –
Bespoke Cover – Providing cover that will give you peace of mind
Market Range – Access to over 100 of the UK’s leading insurance companies, some of which you won’t get access from anywhere else.
Integrity – Delivering quality service that has been trusted for over 25 years
Here are some other additional benefits of using an insurance broker like Cleddau –
So why not call us today for advice on your insurance needs or fill in the details on the form and we can get back to you with an instant quote.
Useful details to help us quote for your Holiday Let Insurance…
It’s useful to have the following information to hand when either calling us or adding it in the message box on our submission form for a quote
- Property details: Address, property type, number of bedrooms, the year it was built, how it’s heated, and a few structural details e.g. what your exterior walls are made of, type of roof, and how much flat roof space you have.
- About your cover: Do you need buildings insurance, contents only, or buildings and contents, and when do you need the cover to start?
- About you: Your contact details, correspondence address, and occupation.
- Claims: Any claims you have made in the last five years and if the property has ever suffered from flooding or movement caused by subsidence, heave or landslip.
- Rebuild cost: The amount it would take to rebuild the property if it were destroyed.
- Value of your contents: The cost of replacing the entire contents of your property as new.
- Security details: What window and door locks do you have and if you’ve got a burglar alarm.