In these unprecedented and challenging times, Cleddau insurance recognises that it is more important than ever to support our local businesses and what they bring to communities.
From small businesses such as hairdressers, cafés, dog groomers, bakeries to pharmacies, and butchers, we recognise the incredibly hard work of individuals that goes into running a successful business. Each one is proud of their achievements and willing to go above and beyond to realise their dream. At Cleddau we understand this better than anyone and we are proud to play a part in supporting them.
Here are some reasons why you should shop local…
- Great Deals – People might be surprised to see just how competitive the prices are in your local shops and restaurants. In our case, for example, people are often quite surprised by how competitive Cleddau Insurance is when it comes to house and car insurance. Customers perceive that comparison websites are the cheapest option. However, due to some exclusive deals, we have in place we are able to beat numerous quotes time and again.
- Support the local economy – Shopping at local independent businesses pumps money into the local economy. Helping to create jobs in local communities, which makes for a better place to live and work resulting in a healthy economy for the community.
- Local sources – Local businesses often support and stock items that are made locally and are not available anywhere else, having access to unique products that are not mass-produced. In our case, Cleddau Insurance has bespoke insurance schemes designed for local businesses situated in Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire, making it more relevant to your business and more affordable.
- Mental health – Did you know that studies suggest there are links between going out, shopping local, and improved mental health. With the increase in online products, customers are missing out on the face to face contact which is one of the biggest contributors to improved mental health. Consumers are vying for experiences, hence why we are seeing businesses such as barbers, cafés, vape stores, all busier than ever as people are seeking to get out and interact.
- Helping the environment – Most local shops source their goods locally, helping to reduce their carbon footprint. Shopping locally also means people are more likely to walk or cycle to get there, helping the reduction in air pollution, reduce traffic, and improve the quality of the nation’s high streets.
- Customer Service – Generally speaking, many chain businesses offer good customer service, however having a personal touch of a local owner can be very beneficial. Small business owners tend to give extra detail in their service and products as they care for that consumer more than a corporate brand would. Understanding their customer on a personal level means they are able to offer a unique service and often tailor their expertise to meet individual needs. Compared to national brands that try and control what you purchase, local businesses would make the effort to find what you are looking for. Being FCA regulated, Cleddau insurance will always look for the best deals for our customers.
Local Supporting Local Campaign
In the coming months, Cleddau Insurance will be promoting local businesses that we work closely with, and we encourage everyone to do the same. By engaging, liking, commenting, and sharing local business promotions through social channels, as well as reviewing businesses through Google and Facebook. Your engagement will help make people aware of the local businesses in our areas thus improving our local economy. So, let’s get together and support each other and watch our local economies grow, we’re in this together #localsupportinglocal